I didn’t expect to love Daily Harvest as much as I do, but their meals are now a staple in my busy work from home life—and are one of the easiest ways I’ve found to make sure I’m eating more than my kids leftovers. Use code YUMMYTODDLERFOOD to get up to $40 off your first box.
This post is sponsored by Daily Harvest.
Daily Harvest Review
On and off for months now, I’ve had really low interest in food. Which as someone whose job it is to develop and share recipes, has been a serious challenge. I know that it’s related to stress and so I am working on ways to keep that in check—but it also means I’ve been trying new ways to make sure I’m able to eat food I truly want.
Enter Daily Harvest.
I have never done a food delivery company like this and frankly, up until I had my third kid, didn’t really see the point. But with staying home, endless childcare demands and work, I hit a point where feeding myself was constantly my lowest priority. I truly believe that feeding ourselves as parents (and other self-care methods) is a necessary part of feeding our kids.
And I wasn’t doing a very good job.
With my first Daily Harvest order (which, full disclosure was also sponsored), I suddenly had many options (with veggies and lots of flavor) sitting in my freezer. That could be ready in 2-3 minutes. That I actually liked and had flavors I’d never make myself.
That made me feel like I was taking a few minutes to eat something I really wanted…rather than what I could quickly find.
And I love that the foods have interesting flavors and spices, as well as fruits, veggies, healthy fats, fiber, and protein to help me stay full through until my next mealtime.
They also have a new line of Harvest Bakes, which can be baked in just 20 minutes with servings that are big enough to share, to save for later, or to keep all for yourself. It’s an easy way to get gourmet flavor in a vegetable-packed dish, without any prep work. (I love the flavors in the Gigante Bean + Artichoke Olio, which tastes just like spinach artichoke dip!)
You can even cook and serve the Bakes in the package and recycle it once you are done!
(They’re also plant-based, dairy-free and gluten-free, which may be helpful for some too.)
How does Daily Harvest work?
Here’s a little rundown of the process:
- You choose from 100+ options (which includes Smoothies, Flatbreads, Soups, Oat Bowls, Harvest Bakes, and more). Plans are flexible to receive boxes weekly or monthly with 9-26 items.
- The food is delivered fully frozen right to your door.
- Stash them into the freezer and enjoy whenever you need a fast, nourishing meal.
The shipping is always free and you can pause, skip weeks or cancel at any time which is super handy! I particularly love the Cinnamon + Banana Oat Bowl and the Broccoli + Cheeze Harvest Bowl —both which warm up in under 3 minutes and you just add a liquid.
(My 5 year old is a super fan of the Strawberry + Goji Berry Oat Bowl.)
Daily Harvest Options
They have over 100 options to choose from in these collections:
- Harvest Bowls
- Harvest Bakes (These are their new collection, packed with larger portions!)
- Forager Bowls
- Oat Bowls
- Chia Bowls
- Scoops (dairy-free, plant-based ice cream, i love the Banana + Molten Chocolate Fudge Ribbons)
- Bites (their energy snacks)
- Mylk (their plant-based milk!)
Daily Harvest Cost
The prices for the foods cost about the same as you’d pay if you got a similar type of veggie-forward takeout with a general range of about $5.99 – $11.99…except of course you don’t actually need to leave your house to get the food!
And of course, it’s a seriously convenient way to eat more veggies and whole ingredients you might not have time to prep on your own.
Best Meal Delivery Company
Over the past year, we’ve gotten to try a few other meal delivery services and while I enjoy being able to try other flavors, it’s simply too much work for me to chop and cook the majority of those recipes on a weekday. With the Daily Harvest, the food is already prepped and simply needs to be blended (in the case of a smoothie) or heated up.
It’s a really nice break from cooking!
Discount Code for Daily Harvest
I’m so happy to share a discount to save up to $40 off your first order. Use the code YUMMYTODDLERFOOD at dailyharvest.com on any size plan. (This is more than their automatic first order discount, so be sure to apply it to your cart!)
Best Tips for Daily Harvest
- While I do order these to have on hand for myself, my kids love their oat bowl flavors so I try to make sure we have enough of those to share. We also love the oat bowls with extra milk and nut butter.
- You may want or need to add a little more food to meals according to your hunger. I often add some toast or cheese to the savory meals.
- Plan ahead if you’re going to make the Flatbread or Harvest Bakes as they take about 20-25 minutes in the oven.
- You may also like No-Cook Meals, Favorite Pregnancy Snacks, Easy Pregnancy Smoothie, and my go-to Energy Bites.
I’d love to hear your feedback or questions on this, so please comment below!
Thanks to Daily Harvest for sponsoring this post.