Make quick work of the next kids meal with this super easy Tortilla Pizza recipe. You need only three basic ingredients, it can be adjusted for preferences and allergies, and it’s a perfect pair with a side of veggies or fruit.
Whenever I’m short on energy or time, or I just want a meal I know the kids will enjoy, I turn to shortcut pizza. We love all sorts of crusts for these meals, but a forever favorite is using tortillas. This option is versatile since you can use the kind you prefer, and it’s easy for little kids to chew when sliced into wedges.
You can top with any pizza toppings your kids enjoy including pepperoni, precooked broccoli, sliced black olives, cooked sausage, or thinly sliced mushrooms.
We like this with a side of raw veggies, though Roasted Broccoli or Caesar Salad would be great, too.
Ingredients You Need
Here’s a look at the ingredients you need to make my favorite easy pizza so you know what to have on hand.
- Tortillas: You can use flour or whole wheat, or a gluten-free option as needed or preferred. I typically make this with fajita-size tortillas.
- Pizza sauce: Jarred or canned pizza sauce adds flavor and moisture to this recipe. Feel free to use pesto if your family enjoys pesto pizza.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese: Shredded cheese tops the pizza sauce and melts for the classic pizza flavor.
- Grated Parmesan cheese: I like to add a little grated Parmesan for more flavor on our pizzas.
- Pizza toppings as desired such as pepperoni, olives, precooked broccoli, or thinly sliced mushrooms.
- You can also sprinkle with pizza seasoning if you’d like.
Here’s a peek at how to make this recipe so you know what to expect from the process. Scroll down to the end of this post for the specific amounts and the timing.
- Preheat the oven and line baking sheets with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Place the tortillas onto baking sheets. Top with pizza sauce, mozzarella, Parmesan, and any desired toppings.
- Bake until warmed through and the cheese is just golden brown. Serve warm, slicing into wedges so it’s easy to eat.
How to Store
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat on a plate in the microwave for 30 seconds or heat through in a 375-degree-F oven.
Best Tips for Success
- Use any type of tortilla you prefer. I usually use fajita-size whole wheat or regular flour ones, but the method is versatile.
- Use dairy-free cheese as needed.
- Serve with simple sides such as fruit, applesauce, salad, or roasted broccoli.
- Fold the pizza in half to serve like a pizza quesadilla.
I’d love to hear your feedback on this post, so please rate and comment below!
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the tortillas onto 2 rimmed baking sheets. Top each half with pizza sauce, spreading just to the edges, and the mozzarella, Parmesan, and any desired toppings.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until warmed through and the cheese is just golden brown.
Serve warm, slicing up into wedges.
Use any type of tortilla you prefer. I usually use fajita-size whole wheat or regular flour ones, but the method is versatile.
Use dairy-free cheese as needed.
Serve with simple sides such as fruit, applesauce, salad, or roasted broccoli.
Serving: 1pizza, Calories: 217kcal, Carbohydrates: 19g, Protein: 11g, Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 28mg, Sodium: 796mg, Potassium: 252mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 509IU, Vitamin C: 4mg, Calcium: 249mg, Iron: 2mg